With a house full of hungry boys, I am always on the look-out to find recipes they truly enjoy so that I always have a go-to snack when they’re saying yet AGAIN how absolutely starved they are.
We are big fans of the spinach dip at our local Cheddar’s restaurant, so for a few years now we’ve been making our own variation of that and boy does it get eaten quick in the Ray house. Now we’ve decided to give it a nice crabby twist.
I hope y’all enjoy!
Hot Spinach Crab Dip
- 10 oz frozen spinach thaw and drain well
- 8 oz picked crab meat I prefer fresh but store bought will do
- 1/3 cup diced white onion
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 1/2 tsp minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine your drained spinach, onions, cheese, garlic, jalapeno pepper, salt, and one teaspoon of your Old Bay seasoning.
- Stir until well blended.
- Add your crab meat last and stir minimally so that you do not shred the crab meat.
- Coat the bottom off a 1-quart oven safe dish or bowl with the remaining Old Bay seasoning. Spread the contents and bake for 30 minutes or until the top of your spinach dip is bubbly.
- Personally, I sprinkle a little more Old Bay across the top and serve with sour cream, salsa, and tortilla chips.